Norb is dedicated to making a contribution to a greener planet
- We rent office space which has windows that fully open and avoid air-conditioning. Our offices make use of natural light
to provide a harmonious environment for our staff and reduce the need for electric lighting. All our lights work through PIR detection.
- We only buy Fair-Trade and organic coffee, tea and sugar.
- We buy organic milk from local farms.
- Office food supplies such as fruit, biscuits and fruit juices are sourced locally and organically where possible.
- We only use recycled printer paper.
- We ditched the fax a long time ago! It's far too wasteful.
- We encourage the use of public transport and our staff often run, walk or cycle part or all of their journey to work.
- Journeys to conferences and social networking events are always made by train or car share.
- We recycle all paper, glass, aluminum, plastic, CDs and plastic wrappers from subscription magazines, printer cartridges and compost.
- We actively encourage the use of recycled toilet paper and facial tissues, and hand wash which is biodegradable and animal friendly.
- When shopping for office supplies we re-use our shopping bags.
- We turn off all equipment when not in use. Nothing is left on standby and everything is switched off at the end of the day.
- We have a scrap paper bin for paper which can be used again for jotting notes, doodlings and scribblings.
- We encourage our staff to continue similar green practices at home.